Bed standards and siderail provision-it’s still a hot topic!
This webinar addresses the recent MHRA alert on bed rails and levers, focusing on compliance with the National Patient Safety Alert. We'll cover risk assessment essentials and alternative bed fall management solutions.
- To gain a better understanding of the reasons for using bed rails
- To be aware of the indications and contraindications for use of bed rails and alternative falls management solutions
- An overview of the Children's Standard – BS EN 50637:2017 and recent MHRA guidance
- To gain an idea of what needs to be included in a risk assessment for bed rails
- Introduction to the features, functions, and accessories of Accora’s JuniorBeds.
Meet our Experts
Jayne qualified as an OT in 1996 and has a wide range of clinical experience in acute and community settings. Her recent experience has been in Community Equipment Stores providing training and support to prescribers and commissioners.
People who watched this also watched...
Biophilia: Bringing the outside in
This webinar looks at what biophilic design is, how easy it is to use and the benefits of incorporating biophilic design elements into care home schemes.
Posture management in sitting
This webinar gives invaluable insights on the goals and principles of posture management together with the practical skills to successfully carry out a postural assessment.
How to configure a chair for my client: plus size users
In this webinar we review common seating goals and explore the additional considerations and needs of plus size users when prescribing seating. Through a live demonstration, we outline the unique mechanisms and configurable options available to meet these common complex needs within the Configura Bariatric range.